My family has always had an unnatural affinity for egg nog . As children living in a poor rural community my brothers and I would be so excited when we would see my mother bring home the festive carton. It was an extra special treat only to be enjoyed, usually once, during the holiday season.
After reading about vintage inspired eggnog bars I knew that I had to attempt to create a Mid Century modern egg nog bar for my family to enjoy when they visit this holiday. I have been scouring Etsy for the best in mod bar carts and accoutrements. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Vintage Chrome Bar Cart- Imagine this lovely stocked with shiny glassware and top shelf beverages
2. Mid Century Winter Bar Glasses- The perfect shiny accessory for the above cart
3. Danish Modern Bar- Less portable, but still lovely
4. Mid Century Bar Tool Set- What bar is complete without the necessary tools
5. Cheers! Cocktail Sticks- Festive cocktail stirrers in 60s turquoise of course
6. Dark Chocolate Eggnog Truffles- A little treat to accompany that nog
7. Turquoise Ice Bucket- A useful conversation piece
8. 1940s Bartender Guide- A sweet and thorough guide to vintage mixology
For those who are extremely ambitious, why not try to make your own egg nog at home? I never really realized what ingredients combine to create egg nog....
And to add a special touch to any party these egg nog whoopie pies sound amazing! I may be trying my hand at making these this afternoon.